Sunday, May 3, 2009

Saturday at Art Chicago





On the way to Art Chicago the bridges were raised. Chicago has more of these bridges than any other city. I tried to take a photo of the Merchandise Mart where Art Chicago is held but could only get half the building in one frame. But don't panic the show was only on 2 floors so I probably only walked about 20km. I bought a beautiful drawing by Danica Phelps. There was so much to see. My favourites were the Sol Le Witt gouaches. By 2pm I decided that what I needed was more art so I went to the MOCA where the Olafur Eliason exhibition opened yesterday. Sooo beautiful. Light installations and beautiful, beautiful geometry. No photos allowed!

2 comments:

Chris Daly said...

Wonderful photos Susan, It is not often you get to see the bridges raised.

Nicola Moss said...

Looks like geometry heaven to me. I think I would be inspired by all the architectural lines, so unfamiliar.