Monday, September 6, 2010

Don't Give Up the Day Job Yet.

My Pots with At the Batthaus. © Gavin Chillcott 1987 in the background.

I have being spending my Friday evenings at Cloud Farm playing with clay. As you can see from the results above there is no evidence of Celeste's excellent tuition or the fact that Milton Moon was once my art teacher for two years. I am not about to give up my day job!
It's often good to play with other media just to see where it might lead and I have decided that I am probably more suited to decorating tiles than working in 3D. Apart from this I have returned to using collage and papercuts in my work and will post some new images shortly.
Oh, and those are the first poppies of the season from my garden.



1 comment:

Nicola Moss said...

I like the white gloss finish combined with the feel of the artists hand in your pots. I don't recall seeing the framed artwork Susan, it's a lovely piece.

Enjoy the spring flowers, great colour, and keep up the pots.