Friday, October 16, 2009

Nudges


Susan Buret ,Afterimage, 2009 ©, Acrylic and Pigmented Ink on 
Watercolour Paper, 76cm x56.5cm


Most artists spend a lot of time alone in their studio and in their dreams and since moving I have not had any opportunity to mix with my peers except for emails and facebook. This is my chosen career and I enjoy the solitude and the luxury of time to dream and create but, from time to time, I fell a bit 'flat' and thats when I am so grateful for a nudge from my peers. Without their support and suggestions I would not achieve half of what I do. Without an email/nudge from Nicola Moss I would not have thought about entering the Alice Art Prize. Without several reminders from Catherine I would not have  work in the Liverpool Art Prize.
So thank you Candy, Lyndal, Nicola, Deb, Maja and Uta  for staying in touch and to Catherine from Anita Traverso Gallery for forwarding details of opportunities on a regular basis.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a horrible scumbag who has been too busy to read your wonderful blog & see your gorgeous studio & magnificent paintings. I am so ashamed.... When, oh when, will I start smelling the roses? I am not even going to share my identity because I am so humbled. By the way, you are missing the dust up here you know! Lucky you.

Susan Buret said...

Dear Scumbag, Thank you for saying such wonderful things about my blog. Scrape the dust off those roses and start sniffing. Every moment counts.

Candice Herne said...

Thanks Susan that is a very nice thing to write. If I have a idea about what anyones art practice is and I come across anything in my travels that I may think they might be interested in I always pass on that information. I have some very special people in my life who do that for me also.And funnily enough it always turns up at exactly the right time to steer me back in the right direction. It's very comforting to know that I have some authentic people in my life who value me as much I as value them. Karma! Candyxx
p.s. the studio is looking delicious clean white walls Ooooh! tooo exciting goodluck with the compsXXXX

Kirsty Hall said...

I love that image, Susan.