For the last few days we have had friends visiting from Brisbane and we have once again done the tour of the Southern Highlands which I really enjoy as I still feel like a tourist in the area myself.
We wound up the 'tour' yesterday with a visit to the Illawarra Fly an elevated and partly cantilevered walk way through the canopy of the rain forest with spectacular views of the escarpment through to the Pacific Ocean. It is quite wonderful but a little daunting for me as I have nightmares of climbing large flights of metal stairs with gaps between the treads. Get out your pocketbook guides to psychoanalysis and send me your theories.
Illawara Fly Walkway
Bark and Flowers of the Local Gums
Afterwards we went to Tertini Wines to try some of the best wines of the region. They produce beautiful Riesling and Pinot Noir which are worth trying if you get the opportunity.
After a week of little work and lots of pleasure I sent off an entry to the Adelaide Perry Prize for Drawing and wrote a list of the things I would like to do in 2010.
Carefully avoiding the word resolution I have decided that I will (not necessarily in this order) :
• have a good day every day
• earn enough money to do the things I would like to do and cover everyday expenses
• be more tolerant
• get nagging tasks out of the way
• be more organised
• have very successful exhibitions
• look after my health
• support other artists
• volunteer to work at the local community centre
• use my contacts list more effectively
• print and mail out a new postcard soon
• have a successful and fulfilling career as an artist.
Happy New Year