Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Stars My Father Showed Me



Susan Buret. Stars My father Showed Me. 2009. Acrylic and pigmented ink on paper. 78cm x 56.5cm.

I recently received the CD of images from my current exhibition from Carl Warner to whom I am eternally indebted for documenting my often unphotographable works.
This work with it's really sentimental title recalls my childhood memories of lying on the front lawn with my father on a summer's night using star maps to find planets and constellations.
The work is one of my favourites as I love to paint in 'greys' made from mixing Ultramarine Blue with Burnt Sienna. Working with water based media diluted to wash consistency also results in yummy sedimentation. I hope you'll click on the image to see a bigger version that really shows the sedimentation.

3 comments:

Candice Herne said...

this is working Susan!

Chris Daly said...

This is fabulous Susan. I love your painting!

Susan Buret said...

Positive feedback from fellow artists is like an elixer! We lead such solitary lives that blogging becomes the 21st century version of the artist's cafe.